Labour Friends of Poland is a membership organisation open to all Labour Party members and supporters. Our main aim is to encourage the Polish community in the UK to be actively involved with the Labour Party. We see it as a two-way process where the Labour Party reaches out to Polish communities and listens to their concerns.
Our overarching aim is to increase the number of Poles joining the Labour Party.
- To encourage greater number of Poles joining the Labour Party.
- To encourage greater number of Poles being involved with and supporting the Labour Party.
- To encourage greater number of Poles voting for Labour in elections.
- To increase understanding of the importance of Polish voters within Labour Party.
- To raise Polish voters voice, issues and concerns collectively to the Labour Party.
- To promote greater debate and education on Polish matters and to celebrate the positive contribution of Britain’s Polish population to national life.
- To provide a forum for the discussion, debate and formulation of policy on matters affecting the UK Polish community.
Our aim is a mass membership, with a simple rule one person, one vote.
Currently our membership is free to everyone. Only Labour Party members are able to become full members of Labour Friends of Poland and have voting rights. Labour Party supporters and CLPs can join our Friends’ Group to stay actively involved with our activities however it does not entitle them to have voting rights. Therefore we encourage all supporters to join the Labour Party to be able to have full members’ rights at Labour Friends of Poland, priority pass to events and to receive full campaigning support.
We have a simple and fair voting system – one person, one vote, regardless of the seniority of the position of the person within the Labour Party. We invite all Labour MPs to be members of Labour Friends of Poland.
JOIN US TODAY!
For regular updates and news Follow us on Facebook: